The SITHFAB009A, responsible service of alcohol courseware, available from CFT International , is designed for all people working in a licensed venue or applying to be a Licensee. Training is available in class or online, group discounts are also available.
Following are the content of SITHFAB009A, responsible service of alcohol course:
- Facts about alcohol, standard drinks, BAC, effects of alcohol
- Better business practices - preventing intoxication, preventing underage drinking, refusing service while maintaining excellent customer service.
- Alcohol and the law
- Possible fines that can be incurred by staff and venues
- Strategies for responsible service, house policies
- Monitoring your bar area, handling difficult customers
Students attending a class in Victoria receive a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment and a Vic State Liquor License certificate. Students completing the course online receive Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment only. Each State in Australia has a separate State Government Regulator for RSA and also has different requirements.
Both New South Wales and Tasmania do not accept online courses, customers will need to attend classes in both of these States. Victoria, South Australia and Queensland will accept online courses with conditions. ACT, Northern Territory and Western Australia all accept online RSA courses.