Components such as the Wichita clutch range supplied by CBC Australia are, in some cases, manufactured to a specific drawing for each particular mill and identified by a serial number. However, copy Wichita clutch parts are increasingly entering the market, resulting in premature failure and compatibility issues.
Though the non-genuine clutch parts may cost less upfront, the frequency of occurrence of premature failures and non-compatible matching components can end up costing significant amounts of money in downtime and repairs.
Not using genuine Wichita clutch parts can result in wear in costly drive components, part failure, equipment downtime and invalidation of the Wichita warranty.
Common dangers of using non-genuine Wichita clutch components:
- Genuine Wichita airtubes offer four times the life when compared to non-genuine airtubes
- Non-genuine suppliers often provide low quality metal components made in China
- Copy friction discs have been known to be undersized, causing wear in other costly drive components
- Copy pressure plates cause early failures and poor performance
- Non-genuine suppliers often copy to out-of-date Wichita specifications
- Non-genuine suppliers cannot accurately cross-reference between USA and UK manufactured part numbers, increasing the risk of incorrect parts being supplied
- On some applications, genuine Wichita friction material lasts up to three times longer than copied parts
- Genuine Wichita clutch friction discs have high tensile tooth strength for 50% longer life
- Contaminated grade of copper in copy wear plates results in a significantly shorter working life
- Non-genuine pressure plates subject to catastrophic failure when used at high speed
- Non-genuine suppliers often use Kevlar friction material, which squeals on high speed applications and is known to fail in high heat applications
- Wichita UK and Wichita USA are ISO 9001/ ISO 14000 companies
- Wichita offers a two-year warranty
- Competitors cannot offer genuine Wichita application support
- Wichita warranty is invalidated if copy parts are used