Fast, easy and reliable, these induction heaters are used for the safe and reliable shrink-fitting of ball and roller bearings, couplings and connectors, gears and shaft spacers.
Available for hire or sale and backed by a locally based service and repair agency, the Eddytherm Eddy current induction heaters can be used for fitting bearings from 1kg to 4,000kg in mass with bores ranging from 15mm to 600mm.
Shrink-fit technology uses the expansion and contraction properties of metal to enable smaller shafts to carry the same torsion moment as larger keyed ones.
The fitting of bearings using Eddy current induction heating is the recommended method for fitting bearings with interference fits by all major bearing manufacturers worldwide.
Eddytherm induction heater benefits include:
- Demagnetisation: workpieces are automatically demagnetized at the end of every heating cycle with no residual magnetism to collect debris
- Proper fitting: workpieces are heated evenly, with no danger of overheating. Bearing pre-lubrication remains in place, and the bearing remains free of contamination and physical damage
- The life of roller bearings is potentially extended due to the reduced risk of fitting errors
- Environmentally friendly and energy efficient: induction heaters require minimal energy to fit bearings and produces no vapour, smoke or used oil
- Portability: workpieces may be mounted on site very quickly with little set-up required
- Safety: only workpieces become hot, avoiding accidents due to hot oil, hot plates or open flames.