The company required a system that would allow for quality control checks of pick and full case orders to be automatically conducted using inline checkweighing as they travelled along conveyers.
CASI installed its 951 inline checkweighers and 9120 metering belt systems into the company’s existing zero pressure accumulation conveyers.
The SolidComm system from CASI was installed to establish an interface to the 3PL warehouse management system.
Meanwhile the SolidCheck system from CASI was installed to manage operational functionalities of both the conveyors and inline checkweighers.
- Cartons travel down the conveyer.
- Two CASI brake meter belt conveyers create gaps between the cartons so only one carton is placed on the inline checkweighers at a time.
- A Datalogic DS6300 barcode scanner reads the licence plate barcode of each carton as its travels onto the in-motion scale.
- Barcode data is sent to the SolidCheck system.
- Here actual carton weight and expected carton weight are compared.
- If carton weight exceeds the upper and lower weight limits set, it is diverted to a quality control station for a manual check.
Furthermore, labour costs associated with manually checking the contents of outbound cartons are minimised.