Available in Australia from CAN Automotion , the ESX-3XM programmable controllers manufactured by Sensor-Technik Wiedemann GmbH (STW) are designed for mobile machines and off-highway vehicles.
Featuring a compact design, the programmable controllers require only half the space of the ESX-3XL controller and also comply with SIL-2 requirements for safety critical applications.
The new ESX-3XM programmable controllers are built around the 32-bit Tricore TC 1796 processor clocked with 150 MHz (Infineon). For application-specific adaptations, a maximum of three expansion boards can be added with each accessing 14 pins on the connector, where each pin can be independently assigned with a specific functionality.
All 66 inputs and outputs in the base version are configurable. For example, the 15 multifunction inputs can, depending on function call, be used as current, voltage, digital or RPM inputs. The 8 high-side outputs are equipped with feedback for current controlled devices and loss-free wheel circuits. All outputs can be switched off via a second path.
Key features of ESX-3XM programmable controllers:
- 4x CAN interfaces, and 1x serial EIA 232 port (115 kbit/s)
- Provides up to 66 I/O channels locally
- Comes with 6 MiB of flash memory, 4 MiB RAM and 32 KiB of EEPROM
- Safety controller provides one programmable constant voltage output, two dual-colour LEDs and one buzzer
- All inputs and outputs are protected against short-circuits and overloads
- Open-circuit and overload on the supply pin can also be detected
- All analogue signals are available as 12-bit values with a 2-kHz sample rate
- Robust aluminium housing suitable for rugged environments
- Proven connector system with secondary interlock provides the interface to the vehicle or machine
- Application software developed using the ESX-BIOS either in C/C++ or based on IEC 61131-3 (CoDeSys 3)