Curtis Instruments introduces Model 1222 Electric Power Steering (EPS) controller to its motor controllers line.
Designed to interface directly with the steering command input, wheel position feedback, and AC induction steering motor to create a seamless drive-by-wire system, Model 1222 controllers are used for EPS applications in material handling and other light industrial vehicles such as reach trucks, man-up warehouse trucks, order pickers, stackers and tow tractors.
Model 1222 is a highly programmable controller that employs a dual redundant configuration of all safety relevant parts to satisfy EN1175-1 and EN954-1 Category 3 safety requirements when used in a correctly configured system.
Safety is ensured by a 5A high-side fault output driver consisting of two switches in parallel, each switch controlled by separate microprocessors with independent supervision.
Key features of Model 1222 Electric Power Steering controllers:
- Versatile steering input and position feedback options include dual redundant quadrature encoder, sin/cosine sensors or analogue voltage inputs
- Accepts 24V – 48V system voltages and is rated to deliver 70 A RMS for a full 2 minutes
- Suitable for the control of AC induction gearmotors in the 300- 1500W power range
- Closed-loop optimised performance in absolute position and relative position control modes
- Configurable homing methods, centre offset, auto-centre and end-stop protection functions
- CANopen communications allow simple interfacing with the traction controller, system manager or other CANopen devices on the vehicle
- Fully programmable using Curtis handheld or PC software tools
- 35-pin AMPseal logic connector provides ample I/O, even for fully redundant configurations
- Sealed against ingress of dust and liquids to IP65 for use in harsh environments