A new extension module has now been released as a new signal input board that can be used for direct connection of two additional digital input flow sensors, and two additional analogue input measurement devices.
The new signal input board features two 4-20mA signal inputs for any type of transmitter with a suitable signal output such as measuring pressure, level, or water chemistry parameters including turbidity, oxygen, free chlorine or ozone. These analogue inputs can be locally altered to 0 … 5 V or 0 … 10 V inputs. Further functionality can be achieved by using the analogue inputs as external set points.
The board is also equipped with two digital NPN and PNP transistor inputs for the connection of transmitters with frequency output such as flow transmitters. Alternatively the digital inputs can be used as contact inputs to trigger selected functions of the 8619.
The Type 8619 transmitter is delivered pre-commissioned, with the user parameterising inputs, and selecting scaling and units as required. All standard units for pressure, temperature, flow rate and many other types of measurements are available.
The 8619 MultiCELL transmitter/controller can be equipped with up to six I/O boards in a free mix of board types, making it suitable for complex tasks. Optional software packages allow additional adaptation to individual applications.
Key features of the new signal input board for Burkert MultiCELL Type 8619:
- Connections for up to 4 additional sensors
- Two 4-20 mA or voltage analogue signal inputs for any type of transmitter
- Two NPN and PNP digital signal inputs for transmitters with frequency output to be used as contact inputs
- Optional choice of all important measuring units, such as bar, mbar, pa, psi, ºC, Fahrenheit, K, m, cm, mm, ft, ppm ppb, %, l/min, l/s, m³/h, gallon/min, etc.
- Freely definable text for units that are not included as standard