Type 8681 process valve control heads from Burkert Fluid Control Systems are engineered to assemble with all commercially available hygienic ball valves, butterfly valves as well as single-seat, double-seat, and mix-proof valve configurations.
The control heads are designed for use in hygienic processes in the dairy, food/beverage, biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries.
Integrating pneumatic actuation, feedback, diagnostics and fieldbus interface, Burkert’s process valve control heads deliver the same control features as their Element angle-seat, globe, and diaphragm valves, completing the automation portfolio solution for hygienic processes. The 8681 is designed for longevity and functionality within the challenging sanitary process environment.
Compared with actuation by pilot valves in a central switch cabinet, control heads mounted directly to the actuator offer a clear advantage in planning, installation, start-up and maintenance, due to the significant reduction of the required connections.
The extremely short distance between the pilot valve in the control head and the pneumatic actuator minimises switching times and consumption of control air. The decentralised automation concept allows a clearly structured and easy-to-monitor system design, which increases operational reliability.
Key features of Burkert Type 8681 control heads:
- Smooth and chemically resistant IP65/67 enclosure is easily cleaned and suitable for washdown areas
- Contactless internal positioning system eliminates internal wear and manual overrides on the pneumatic pilots
- Super-bright LED position indication designed to be visible from across the plant floor by operators
- Green, amber and red LEDs indicate valve switching position, or maintenance/fault requirement, with status/colour settings customised via DIP switch
- Controls strokes up to 85mm with three positions with 200 l/min pneumatic air for each pilot valve
- Certified for explosive environments, with ATEX Cat. 3, Zone 2/22
- Automatic configuration ‘teach-in’ software auto-commissions the control head
- Adjusts chamber switching speed individually in both directions of movement
- Non-return valve prevents faulty switching due to back pressure