BURKERT has released the Side Control digital positioner for pneumatically operated continuous valves with single-acting linear or part-turn actuators.
The Side Control can be controlled via Profibus PA from a central automation system (e.g. process control system). The momentary valve position is reported via the bus.
* Position sensor – very high resolution conductive plastic potentiometer; microprocessor controlled electronics for signal processing, control and driving the piezoelectric positioning system.
* Operating elements – the device can be set (configuration and parametrization) locally via three inside keys. An inside, 8 digit, 16 segment LC display is provided, which can also show the set point or actual value.
* Positioning system – a piezoelectric positioning system serves to drive the valve actuator.
* Electrical interfaces – M20 bushings with screw terminals.
* Pneumatic interfaces – G1/4” interior thread.
* Housing – aluminium housing with swing-up cover and captive screws.
* Attachment – to linear actuators to NAMUR recommendation (DIN 534 T6) or to part-turn actuators (VDI/VDE 3845).
* Position feedback via 2 inductive proximity switches (initiators).
* Integral attachment to Burkert continuous valves.