Bulkex is the place where the end-users can truly assess the latest products and services from a wide range of major players from Australia and on an international level.
The conference will provide a technical focus on issues facing bulk handling operators; the exhibition will create a bustling, face-to-face environment for buyers and suppliers; and the Australian Bulk Handling Awards will highlight excellence in the bulk handling industry. Bulkex 2006 will host the inaugural Australian Bulk Handling Awards present by the Australian Bulk Handling Review.
• Bulk handling facility of the year (resources and infrastructure) - An award for a bulk handling facility servicing the resources sector (mining and commodities), ports and terminals
• Bulk handling facility of the year (manufacturing and processing) - An award for a bulk handling facility servicing the manufacturing industry encompassing, food, pharmaceuticals, stockfood, chemicals, resins and
• Innovative technology - An award for the introduction of new technology or improvement to established technology in the bulk handling industry.
• Environmental project of the year - An award for a project displaying environmental sensitivity and innovation in dust and fume suppression, waste management, site or facility rehabilitation
• Best practice in OH&S - An award recognising the implementation of OH&S or risk management practices and policies to enhance the safety and health of employees and/or the general public
• Best research and development project - An award recognising a project which advances the performance of the bulk handling industry including large scale projects, component development and/or scientific/laboratory experimentation
• Transport and conveying technology - An award for new or improved technology affecting conveying and transport systems with positive impact on performance, reliability, efficiency and the environment
• Australian Society for Bulk Solids Handling Award - Recognising an outstanding contribution to the field of bulk solids handling Note: Nominations for this award are welcome but this category will be judged only by the Australian Society for Bulk Solids Handling.
• The A.W. Roberts Award - An award presented to a young engineer who has made a significant contribution to bulk solids handling in the areas of research, design and/or practice. Note: Nominations for this award are welcome but this category will be judged only by the Australian Society for Bulk Solids Handling.
The independent judging panel will comprise of:
• Moderator: Charles Macdonald; Editor, Australian Bulk Handling Review
• Emeritus Professor Peter Arnold, Key Centre for Bulk Solids & Particulate Technologies, consultant, Bulk Materials Engineering Australia.
• Professor Mark Jones, Director, Key Centre for Bulk Solids & Particulate Technologies
• Assoc Professor Peter Wypych, Chair, Australian Society for Bulk Solids Handling
• John Planner, Director, Introspec Consulting
• David Pearson, Senior Fire & Explosion Specialist , TestSafe Australia
• Otto Chan, Principal Engineer, Materials Handling, The Hatch Group
• Ivan Price, Managing Director, Kockums Bulk Systems