THE Asia-Pacific Bulk Materials Handling Conference will run during the first two days of the BULKEX 2006 exhibition, from Monday September 25 to Tuesday September 26 2006, at the Melbourne Exhibition Centre, followed by two site tours on Wednesday September 27.
This conference is a unique opportunity to learn from high calibre international experts in the field of bulk handling.
Expert speakers at the conference will include:
* Emeritus Professor Peter Arnold, Centre for Bulk Solids and Particulate Technologies, University of Wollongong
* Professor Peter Wypych, Centre for Bulk Solids and Particulate Technologies, University of Wollongong
* Professor Mark Jones, Director, Centre for Bulk Solids and Particulate Technologies, The University of Newcastle
* Balan Velan, Managing Director of Scorpio Engineering Pvt Ltd, India
* Thomas Schaefer, Managing Director, Ammermann Partners Pty Ltd
* David Morrison, Manager Materials Handling, Sinclair Knight Merz
* James M Durack, Senior Consultant, Connell Hatch
* Nicholas Davies, Surveyor, 3D Laser Scanning, Lester Franks Survey and Geographic.
Find out about leading industry case studies, troubleshoot technical issues at in-depth workshops and visit two outstanding bulk handling sites in Melbourne: the ABA Port of Melbourne import/export terminal and the Melbourne Cement Facilities.
Four workshops will take place within the conference; internationally renowned experts will facilitate these workshops.
For instance, Professor Mark Jones will look at design and troubleshooting of pneumatic conveying systems.
Dr Craig Wheeler and Dr William McBride from the Centre for Bulk Solids and Particulate Technologies, the University of Newcastle, will examine belt conveyor and transfer chute design.
Emeritus Professor Peter Arnold will lead a workshop on storage and feeding of bulk solids and Professor Peter Wypych will facilitate the afternoon session on selection and operation of feeders for pneumatic conveying.