Featuring a shallow draft and light weight, they are particularly useful for cleaning up oil spills in creeks, rivers and lakes.
Pneumatic models can be connected directly to a vacuum truck for use as an efficient oil spill response unit, or in routine pit cleanup operations, with models also available with a high capacity grooved drum.
TDS 136 oil spill recovery skimmers are lightweight, making them easy to deploy on site, and can also be used effectively in pits for heavy oil recovery.
Hydrocarbons from low viscosity to high viscosity can be removed using these oil spill skimmers, with an efficiency of up to 97%.
Additional features include:
- operation in little as 75mm of water
- no buoyancy adjustments required
- moulded PE drums, with no external skin to replace
- self-adjusting wipers; and
- a range of options including steam coils for icing conditions.