The Newcastle branch of Budpak / Accuweigh recently supplied two bulk bag fillers to an Australian engineering company as part of a major export contract.
Designed to client specifications, the Australian-made bulk bag fillers fill flexible intermediate bulk containers with free flowing material using a semi-automatic operation.
The operator simply places the bulk bag straps manually onto support hooks and the bag neck on the filling spout before initiating the bag filling sequence in the standalone bulk bag filling stations.
The filled bag is then closed by the operator for removal from the bag filling station using a forklift with pallet taking the weight of the filled bag from underneath to allow the bulk bag straps to be released. The process is repeated after an empty bag is attached to the bulk bag filling station.
Key features of Budpak’s bulk bag fillers:
- Heavy duty RHS steel support frame with an integrated weighing system
- Weighing system contains 4 shear beam load cells of 1T capacity each for a high safety overload margin
- Inner tube transfers product into the bag to eliminate egress of dust from the bulk bags while being filled
- Bag filling neck is fitted around the outer tube, and an inflating collar seals the neck of the bag to stop
- Filling spout also includes a dust collection port and associated butterfly valve
- Filler frame can be easily relocated by a forklift
- Weighing electronics in an IP65 dustproof stainless steel operator console mounted to one side of the filling station for easy operator access
- Batching indicator accurately controls the amount of material filled into the bulk bags