A Bud-Pak supplied semi-automatic stretch wrapper has been used to wrap loaded pallets at Tyre Crumb’s processing plant based in Broadmeadows, VIC.
The DNC model Junior stretch wrapper was installed in 2005 and has an in-built Siemens S7-200 PLC controller for allowing all the necessary parameters for wrapping any kind of load, independently from their height, stability or structure.
The operator panel is very easy to follow with individual functions easily distinguished by the differently coloured controls.
Once the load is in position and the selected values set, the machine can complete the wrapping cycle automatically.
The only manual actions are the clamping of the film to the turntable and its cutting at the end of the cycle. A full range of options are available.
Operational sequence at Tyre Crumb:
- The fork lift operator places the loaded pallet on the wrapper turntable
- The operator then starts the wrapping cycle
- Once wrapping is completed, the operator cuts the film and the pallet is removed by forklift
The DNC Junior stretch wrapper also features a waterproof wrap cycle which allows the operator to manually place a top sheet on the load during the cycle, as follows:
- The film travels to the top and half way down the load, and then stops
- The operator places the top sheet
- The operator then re-commences the wrap cycle
- The film travels back to the top of the load and then down to the bottom to complete the cycle
DNC Junior stretch wrappers have many good features:
- Siemens S7-200 PLC controller
- Stand alone turntable
- Soft start
- Indexed stop
- Adjustable speeds
- Powered film carriage
- Film tension regulator
- Load detection photocell
- Reinforcing wraps setting
- Single and double wrapping
- Rainproof wrapping mode
- PLC controlled