Free fall winches from Brevini Australia are equipped with emergency controlled free fall functions in the case of an accidental fall. Duties available range from 2,000 to 50,000 lbs (8.9 - 222.4 kN) pulling capacities.
Free fall winches enable the full release of a load as with an emergency load release function on a hydraulic crane. These free fall winches are ideal for applications where a load needs to be dropped at high velocity.
Other features of free fall winches from Brevini Australia include:
- One third of the rated line pull capacity can be released in a controlled free fall after which the load can come to a smooth stop at any point on the way down
- Optional hydraulic motors
- Internal spring with hydraulically released brake
- Unidirectional sprag clutch
- Stainless steel drum seal surfaces
- Rapid reverse
- Planetary gear train with anti-friction bearings