Armak air motors complement and expand Brevini’s current product offering, enabling the company to offer high efficiency drive solutions in pneumatic, electric or hydraulic power sources.
Armak produces geared piston air motors in the 2-20kW, which are distributed in Australia by Brevini.
Torque is developed in Armak geared piston air motors by one rotating piston unlike conventional motors, and is transferred to the output shaft via a synchronising gear train. Both the rotating piston and the sealing rotor turn without physical contact, and with an extremely small air gap to deliver high motor efficiency of about 98%.
The frictionless torque producing operation provides the user with maintenance-free operation without downtime.
Armak motors are ideal for applications such as winch drives (underground mining), pump drives (hydraulic, grout and water), mixer drives (food, paint and grout), hazardous environments (oil and gas), trolley drives or any application that uses compressed air.
Key features of Armak geared piston air motors:
- Totally enclosed motor housing without breather holes allows applications in wet or dirty surroundings without the risk of corrosion in the motor
- Provides higher maximum continuous rpm, while using less compressed air
- Compact design allows use in limited space applications
- Intrinsically safe (ATEX approved), suitable for mining, oil and gas applications
- Versatile installation capabilities
- Large usable speed range (from 75rpm) and high start torque
- Metric flange and shaft for mounting of standard IEC gear boxes
- SAE flange for mounting of hydraulic pumps
- Armak lever/remote control valves provide superior motor control and are ideal for use on winches
- Mounting kits to replace traditional radial piston motor installation also available