Idler Rollers from Brenner Engineering are used in all web processing industries with different designs to suit particular web materials and applications.
The primary function of Idler Rollers is to provide continual web tension and to ensure that the roller rpm matches the web speed during line speed variances. Each roller is designed to suit the application and selected as per the application requirements.
Aluminium Idler rollers are generally used, where low inertia and the mass weight of the roller are important ensuring that the roller will perform at the required line speeds and tensions demanded by the application.
Steel Idler Rollers are used when high tension levels and process speeds exist in web processing applications.
The Idler Rollers are available as live shaft and dead shaft. 6061 Aluminium and 1045 Steel are used as the roller materials. Aluminium ¨C hard face anodising steel- chrome and electro less nickel EPDM, and rubber and polyurethane coating are used for surface finishes. The steel Idler rollers are available in a range of diameters from upto 50 to 480mm and with a face length range of ¡Ý6500mm.
Following are the features of Aluminium Dead Shaft Idler Rollers:
- Low inertia properties for low web tension applications
- Suitable to match required line speeds in low production speed applications
- Low drag or low friction bearing fitment ensures that the rollers are suitable for lighter duty applications
- Thru shaft lengths can be varied to mount rollers in various positions of a machine
Following are the features of Aluminium Live Shaft Idler Rollers:
- Designed to suit higher web tension applications
- Bearing mounting options allow for temperature and contamination issues, which can affect bearing performance
- Can be modified with various surface coverings and surface finishes