Bowen Group has introduced a new rack safety inspection service for storage racks, to assist in ensuring safer operations in warehouses and distribution centres.
Because storage racks can change over time through damage, reconfigurations and extensions, regular rack safety inspections are important. Keeping storage systems safe, fully documented and in compliance with current standards is an important aspect of warehouse management.
OH&S regulations require all pallet racking to be inspected annually to ensure storage systems function safely and in compliance with current safety standards.
Bowen Group consultants are competent experienced rack inspectors who are equipped to review and identify necessary repairs to ensure storage systems meet the necessary standards and safety requirements.
Rack safety inspections are regular visual inspections to identify and categorise damage and enhance in-house inspections by providing an independent third party report.
Bowen Group's rack safety audits look for:
- display of correct Safe Working Load signage on relevant bays of racking
- damage to rack uprights
- damage to footplates and floor fixings
- the condition of any splices
- correct installation of racks
- condition of horizontal and diagonal braces on rack frames
- damage to beams
- secured beam connectors and safety clips
- weld cracks between beams and connectors; and
- any overloading of the rack.
Once completed, Bowen Group consultants provide advice and recommendations on the how to rectify any damage found.