Bonfiglioli Transmission has announced new enhancements to the series of Trasmital planetary drives. Performance upgrades and additional ratios for existing frame sizes of the Trasmital planetary drives have been improved, as well as completely new sizes to cover an expanded range of torque segments.
“These latest innovations extend our ability to produce planetary drives for continuous service and also to custom engineer planetary gearbox combinations, which can attain peak torque outputs of more than a million Newton metres,” says Bonfiglioli Transmission (Australia) Pty Ltd Managing Director Malcolm Lewis.
The Trasmital planetary drive 300 series is used for many static industrial plant applications, including conveyor feeders, pumps, mixers, stirrers, and settling pond thickeners. The series also has some applications in mobile plant, including cranes, drilling rig and drives for hoists and luff and slew equipment.
The latest innovations to Trasmital planetary drives include:
- Additional ratios. The new ratio of i≈9 for the reduction stages of sizes 300, 301 and 303 extends the ratio variety for these gearboxes and for larger size units sharing the same reduction stages.
- Design enhancements to frame sizes 315, 316, 318 and 319. These to produce upgraded performance over their entire ratio range.
- New frame sizes. Frame sizes 304 and 314 have maximum torque ratings of 3,600 Nm and 80,000 Nm respectively, complementing the broader range designed for continuous outputs of more than 540,000 Nm, such as belt and filter presses and belt loaders.
- Larger splined output shaft - FZB. Splined hollow output shafts, with a 20 mm larger nominal bore, have been introduced for frame sizes 311 and 313. The new configuration complements the existing FZ output, which remains current.
- Bevel-helical inputs. The right angle inputs formerly designated ‘A’ for gearboxes of size 310 and above have been eliminated and in certain cases replaced with new inputs designated ‘C’. These have similar transmission ratios but offer better performance.
- Fan-cooled input shafts. Solid input shafts in sizes V05 to V11 are now available in versions with an additional cooling fan for heavy duty applications in challenging environments. Corresponding thermal capacity increases from +70% for in-line versions to +30% for right angle versions.
The new Trasmital planetary drive gearboxes and their complementary combination drives can be specified and assembled in Australia following Bonfiglioli’s investment of more than $A20 million in new design and production facilities and stock levels in Australia and New Zealand.
Expansion of the Trasmital planetary drives range follows the introduction of local assembly of the totally new modular HD series, including HDP parallel shaft and HDO bevel helicals. These are produced on Bonfiglioli’s new Australasian production and testing line, cutting delivery times out of Europe by more than half.