Bonfiglioli Transmission (Aust) will be presenting some of the world’s most advanced and versatile heavy industrial drives at the 2011 AIMEX exhibition in Sydney next month.
Bonfiglioli will be displaying a wide range of drives including custom-engineered combinations for robust service in demanding industries such as mining, ports, energy and materials handling. The display will feature one of the new HD helical drive series, the HDO160.
Bonfiglioli’s stand will also showcase powerful Trasmital planetary drives as well as Bonfiglioli travel drives and wheel drives used extensively in crawler and mobile machinery including swing and travel drive excavators and mini excavators.
Assembled in Australia, the HD series is available in capacities of 14,000-125,000 Nm and will be highlighted along with Bonfiglioli’s expanded range of drives in Australia and New Zealand.
The HD series has also been incorporated into a new series of drives custom-engineered in Australasia by BTA’s Drives Service Centre (DSC) for particular applications including a trio of Hi Torque, Alignment-free and Power Pack innovations.
Coupled with local assembly of heavy drives, the DSC enables Bonfiglioli to respond rapidly to industry’s growing need for drives to avoid costly delay or downtime in mining and heavy engineering installations, especially by promptly and precisely custom engineering drives for particular applications.
According BTA Managing Director Mr Malcolm Lewis, the unique DSC facility recognises that many non-standard mining applications today require non-standard solutions to achieve best results. He adds that the HD series will be a major focus of the company’s display at AIMEX.
Bonfiglioli’s HDO160 bevel helical drives will be complemented by HDO alignment-free drives, engineered to provide a cost-effective alternative to baseplate designs in many applications.
Bonfiglioli drives on display at the AIMEX exhibition:
- Trasmital 321L5FZ: Large planetary drives from the Trasmital series, offering up to 650,000 Nm of torque for use on heavy duty applications, such as coal thickeners or winches
- Bonfiglioli high torque drives: A combination of Trasmital 319 planetary and HDO110 bevel helical drives specifically engineered for slow moving applications such as shuttle drives, belt feeders, apron feeders, cranes and winches
- 715T slew drives: Drive technology for cranes, stacker-reclaimers and special equipment industries including yaw and pitch drives for wind energy
- 713C3B alternate compact winch drives: Designed to fit inside the winch drum, and also double as track drives, part of a rugged and compact high-torque range of 700 series drives in capacities of 1,000-180,000 Nm, suitable for crawler machines of any size
- HDO140 bevel helical drives: Designed with raised split casing to display its rugged internal gears and bearings
- HDO alignment-free drives: Engineered to provide a cost effective alternative to baseplate designs