Bonfiglioli Transmission (Aust) has engineered heavy duty fully coupled drive combinations for optimum ease of installation in new stacker reclaimers being installed by Fortescue at its Christmas Creek mine in the Pilbara.
The Australian-designed and built Power Pack boom conveyor drives were delivered by Bonfiglioli to ThyssenKrupp for the stacker reclaimers at the Fortescue mine. Fortescue is spending more than $A9 billion to expand its iron ore production to 155mtpa including expansion of its Christmas Creek Mine to 55mtpa.
The boom conveyor drives were supplied pre-assembled to Fortescue’s Christmas Creek site mounted to their base plates with high and low speed guards.
HD drive power packs incorporate Australian assembled new generation HD helical drives fixed to a base plate and fully coupled and laser aligned with their fluid couplings, disc brakes, pony drives and rigid output couplings. The ThyssenKrupp boom conveyor drives incorporated HDO 130 two-stage gearboxes, 315 kW motors, and calliper style disc brakes and fans.
Managing Director of Bonfiglioli Transmission (Australia) Pty Ltd, Mr Malcolm Lewis points out that the low speed shaft arrangement and guards provide workers with increased safety by limiting access to moving components.
Featuring locally designed and fabricated baseplate assembly, Bonfiglioli Power Pack boom drives are designed for optimum ease of installation, rugged service and low maintenance in materials handling and process applications. They are particularly suitable for applications that demand ease of installation, reliability and low maintenance.
HD drive Power Packs in drive capacities from 2400 kW and 200,000 Nm torque are particularly suited to conveyor drives and materials handling applications across a wide range of industries, including manufacturing, mineral processing, primary processing, resources, energy and water and wastewater.
Key features of Bonfiglioli Power Pack boom conveyor drives:
- Delayed filling fluid coupling to provide about 150% of motor full load torque on start-up, reducing drive train wear
- HS disc brake ensures the conveyor does not backdrive in the event of a failure
- LS rigid output couple allows trouble-free disassembly during maintenance intervals through its bolted connection design
- Modular design produced on Bonfiglioli’s Australasian assembly and testing line to cut delivery times and enhance customisation capabilities
- Suitable for both static industrial equipment and mobile equipment
- Complemented by HD hi-torque drives combining HD drives and Trasmital planetaries