Bonfiglioli Transmission (Aust) has further extended the versatility of its new HD series of advanced heavy duty drives by introducing an alignment-free configuration that cost-effectively integrates motor and gearbox.
The new HD AFD joins Bonfiglioli’s expanding range of Australasian-engineered mounting options for specific applications, offering an alternative to laser-aligned baseplate types that allows the use of close coupled IEC B5 flange mounted motors up to a G315 frame size
The HD AFD combinations – with capacities up to 1722 kW and 150,000 Nm – complement Bonfiglioli’s Hi Torque drives and offer quick, trouble-free assembly and maintenance of high speed components including fans, fluid couplings and brakes.
HD AFD models can save both time and money in a range of applications because there is no need to laser align the motor and gearbox shafts, says the Managing Director, Bonfiglioli Transmission (Australia) Pty Ltd, Mr Malcolm Lewis. In addition to reduced initial costs compared with traditional baseplate designs, the HD AFD configuration enhances serviceability by permitting high speed components to be removed and replaced without the need for re-alignment.
- Applications include conveyor drives, shuttle drives, bucket elevators, inching drives and other materials handling equipment.
- The HD AFD is produced in Australia on Bonfiglioli’s new production and testing line that cuts delivery times out of Europe by more than half for most models.
- Local production, combined with in-depth local engineering expertise, enables Bonfiglioli to custom-engineer specific solutions for industrial equipment and mobile equipment.
- The drives feature excellent torque distribution across their entire ratio range, with gear ratios laid out in close progression and the drives having a rugged capacity to cope with the shock and impact of intermittent loads.
- materials handling (inc belt, apron, bucket, screw and chain conveyors)
- quarrying and minerals processing
- rural and food product processing
- paper, pumps, steel, sugar, timber, wrapping and stacking applications
- water and waste water treatment