The GS1net datapool is intended to be the single source of product data for buyers in the grocery and other FMCG, liquor, healthcare, automotive aftercare and hardware markets. Access to many key trading partners requires industry suppliers to publish their product data in GS1net and keep it updated. In future, access to a datapool is likely to be a condition of doing business with many important trading partners and retailers. Bizcaps Enterprise software available from Bizcaps helps to validate, maintain and publish the product data to GS1net and other datapools.
Bizcaps Enterprise software is designed to help the user to create and maintain product data for GS1net, validated against the industry and business rules and in the format that the trading partners need. Enterprise software allows the user to:
- quickly validate, create and publish the product data on GS1net,
- efficiently maintain and update the product data on GS1net
- link the product catalogue to existing ERP and other internal systems
- publish product data to other major product datapools
Enterprise software also has powerful workflow capabilities that will let the user to streamline and manage the product data collection and publication processes.
Enterprise software is powered by the Bizcaps GS1net Connect engine, the first middleware to be certified for use with GS1net. Changes to the requirements of GS1net will be automatically provided to the user as part of Bizcaps maintenance commitment. Enterprise software is part of a range of Product Lifecycle Management and Business Process Management software available from Bizcaps.
Bizcaps Enterprise software is not only the first middleware certified for GS1net, but is also certified for use in the grocery, liquor, healthcare and pharmaceutical industries. As an Alliance partner of GS1net, Bizcaps are qualified to help suppliers extract maximum value from their participation in GS1net.
Bizcaps Enterprise software facilitates the use of the GS1net (and other) datapools with:
- a comprehensive product catalogue available for reference and marketing purposes, including upload to GS1net, NPC and other buyer datapools
- browser-based operation and no separate connection costs
- installation in-house or hosted, providing Internet access for use anywhere, anytime
- single click upload of validated data to the GS1net datapools, powered by the GS1 certified “GS1net connect engine”
- automatic generation of field contents based on business rules or standards
- powerful data import and export functionality
- built in validation rules based on industry standards and business requirements
- data compliance with GS1net rules, validated as data is entered
- customisable data collection workflows and powerful optional workflow management extensions
- product data change audit reports
- comprehensive integration functionality and tools for interface with ERP and other systems
- simple, user friendly and intuitive interface containing familiar, industry-standard fields
- context sensitive help
- award-winning support
- maintenance which includes automatic updating of changes to GS1net rules
Bizcaps create and maintain the product data catalogues of some of the organisations in Australia. Bizcaps also develop a range of Product Lifecycle Management software tools that get products to market faster and more profitably.
GS1net is GS1 Australia’s data synchronisation solution for the Australian and New Zealand markets. GS1net lets the user to enter, validate, store and maintain all the product, pricing and other related trade information in a single location. With GS1net the user can easily share global standards-based information with the trading partners, across all industry sectors, both in Australia and around the world.
With GS1net the user can:
- maintain a single source of product data, available to all in-house systems
- reduce order and invoice errors and slash invoice claims
- reduce out-of-stock products
- reduce the time to market for new products
- improve product management and product recalls
- improve product authentication with the ability to track and trace products
- reduce storage and transport costs
- ensure and maintain data integrity