BioPak Water Soluble Laundry bags are specifically made for hospital and healthcare industry operators. These bags are made from water soluble PVA film and are 100 per cent biodegradable as per DIN54900.
BioPak water soluble laundry bags are a cost effective solution which substantially reduces the risk of contamination and cross-infection to staff, patients and laundry personnel. BioPak laundry bags are completely soluble and biodegradable. Contaminated linen is placed in the bag which can then be sealed with the attached cold water soluble tie tape. The filled bag is then transferred to the laundry and out unopened into the washer.
The laundry bags from BioPak dissolve completely in the wash, leaving no potentially infected plastic waste. The contents of the bags need not be handled until the wash and dry cycle is complete.
The water soluble laundry bags are intended to enhance health care infection control processes in handling and transferring linens of other materials. These bags are impermeable to bacteria and viruses. They are totally biodegradable and will not leave any environmental pollutant residue.
Advantages of water soluble laundry bag for health care
* The infected contents of the laundry bag does not need to be handled by staff until the wash and drying cycles are completed.
* The bags will dissolve completely in water during the washing process. They leave no potentially infected waste and do not pollute the water.
* The bags ensure the safe transport of contaminated material or instruments for staff in hospitals. Once the linens/instruments are sealed in the bags, the risk of contamination and infection is minimised.
* Water soluble bags are anti-static, non-toxic and fully biodegradable. Tests have verified that the bags are impermeable to bacteria and virus.
* Water soluble laundry bags have excellent gas barrier properties.
BioPak laundry bags can be manufactured in any size and colour to suit customers’ requirements. This water soluble film has many applications apart from laundry bags and is available in a variety of shapes and sizes. From film to pellets to water soluble glue, the manufacturing possibilities are endless.
Laundry bags are certified biodegradable according to DIN 54900 which meets with Australian Environmental choice.