Now available within the Bintech ultrasonic flow meter range, the “Shark” fixed flow meter measures flow rate by calculating the spreading time of an ultrasonic wave in a liquid.
This fixed flow meter calculates the difference in upstream and downstream sound speeds in a full pipe of liquid. It is used to measure the flow rate of a diverse range of fluids, ideally with low amounts of suspended solids and aeration, while its unique installation makes the device suitable for measuring aggressive or dirty fluids such as acids and solvents or oil and fuels, respectively.
The "Shark" fixed flow meter is composed of one or more pairs of ultrasonic transducers, acoustically coupled to the external pipe wall, and a host unit displaying the flow rate on its LCD screen.
This host unit for the fixed flow meter has a DSP microprocessor which gives signals to interface with the process or the control systems.
All flow meters in the Bintech's ultrasonic range feature high precision, high fidelity, high accuracy and high quality, with the main characteristics of the "Shark" fixed flow meter including:
- clamp-on sensors
- only three pipe parameters required for accurate flow reading (outer diameter, wall thickness, and pipe material)
- 0.5% linearity
- 0.2% repeatability
- four flow totalisers
- power supply 24v VDC, 240v AC
- ultrasonic transducers with low voltage supply
- able to store up to 2000 flow readings
- analog (4-20 ma), pulses (relays), frequency (OCT) and RS232 outputs
- data can be sent via RS232 to a PC or a custom data logger box.
Applications for the "Shark" mixed flwo meter include:
- water treatment, slurry and process water pumping
- oil and chemical industry
- hydro-electric, cooling
- food, paper and pharmaceutical industry
- car industry
- flow metering.