The TML Series ‘F’ foil strain gauges from Bestech Australia comprise of alloy foils from 0.003mm to 0.007mm thick, bonded on an epoxy resin backing of 0.03mm thickness that ensures excellent electrical insulation properties.
The epoxy resin backing is also colour-coded for use with particular materials such as mild steel, stainless steel or aluminium.
Each material exhibits a different thermal expansion characteristic, which the strain gauge must match to enable precise strain measurement.
Key features of the TML Series foil strain gauges:
- Available in most common patterns including single element, 2-element cross stacked type as well as 45º and 90º 3-element stacked type rosettes
- Gauge factor is approximately 2.1 with gauge lengths from 0.3mm to 30mm, and gauge resistance from 60Ω to 1000Ω
- 120Ω and 350Ω are highly common gauge resistances
- Special purpose gauges are available for shear strain, torque and residual stress
- TML ‘F’ gauges are available for specimen materials such as glass and ceramics
Bestech Australia stocks TML foil strain gauges and terminals as well as a choice of bonding adhesives and strain gauge accesories.
Bestech also offers a wide choice of strain gauge signal conditioning systems to match most application requirements.