Bestech Australia presents the Model OX level sensor from Nohken, Japan. This optical interface point level sensor consists of a sensing probe and a separate electronic converter. Sediments, suspended solids, and interface of immiscible liquids are detected by using an infrared transmission between two probes. By transmitting the infrared light with pulse modulation, a strong beam goes through build-up and fouling on the probe surfaces. The probes sense the decrease or change in transmission of infrared light from the infrared LED. Ambient light is electrically disregarded by using a special frequency.
Features of the level sensor include:
- The sensing probe on the level sensor is submersible
- The PVC housing, PP sealing connector, and FEP covered probes are compatible with a wide range of liquids
- Special PVC cable lengths on the level sensor are 20m
- The detecting level can be easily adjusted by altering the height of the cable fixing point
- The electronic converter has a switch selectable High or Low fail-safe mode for relay safety
- An adjustable 0.5 to 10 seconds switching delay is provided in order to avoid transient on/off signals