Bestech Australia offers a new 2-channel USB sensor interface that enables the output signals from two sensors to be connected directly to a PC.
The SI USB sensor interface is compatible with sensor types such as unamplified strain gauge bridge transducers, voltage and current output transducers and transmitters. The SI USB interface is supplied with software to enable the sensor signals to be logged and displayed graphically at up to 2500 samples/second.
Applications for the Lorenz SI USB sensor interface include in-line manufacturing where it is required to monitor characteristics such as force vs. torque, pressure vs. force and other combinations, QA laboratories for testing products, R&D laboratories as well as educational and training facilities.
Scaling factors and other parameters for the two sensors are entered for first time use only and saved in memory to save time in setting up for each measurement task. The calibration details need to be changed only if the sensors are changed.
Sensors with an integral calibration check can also be verified via the software at any time. A second-order low-pass filter with user selectable frequencies is included to eliminate spurious signals and noise.
Key features of SI USB sensor interface:
- Sensor interface for strain gauge sensors provides regulated 5V dc excitation and accepts ±3mv/V output signals
- Voltage output signal type provides 12Vdc and accepts ±5Vdc or ±10V signals
- Current output type provides 12Vdc loop voltage for either 0/4 to 20mA output signals
- Also available with combinations for a strain gauge and a voltage or current output sensor, and variations of ±5 and ±10Vdc type sensors
- All USB sensor interfaces require 100 to 240V ac mains input voltage
- Easy to use VS2 configuration and measurement software
- Data is presented graphically with both channels on a common time base
- Compatible with LabView