The new Burster 8402 miniature load cells from Bestech Australia are ideal for space-constrained applications with limited space to mount the load cell.
The strain gauged load cells feature a domed and case hardened ‘top hat’ construction that enables limited off-axis and non-concentric loading to be rejected without the need to machine an interposing load button.
Burster 8402 lightweight miniature load cells are required to be mounted and glued in place on a flat, smooth, ground or milled surface. Adhesives for the purpose include cyanoacrylate (super glue), silicone and thin contact adhesives.
Mechanical clamping should be avoided, and care must be taken to ensure that the transducer cable is not subjected to stress.
Burster 8402 miniature load cells find application in machine tools, assembly presses, switch and button testing rigs, biomechanics, R&D, safety and quality assurance labs as well as portable force test equipment.
Key features of Burster 8402 miniature load cells:
- Available in seven full scale ranges from 1 kN to 100kN
- Accuracy of 0.5%FS
- Machined from stainless steel
- Output signal in the load cell is trimmed to 1.5mV/V to facilitate quick changeover without having to recalibrate the system
- Overload rating is 150% of the full scale range
- Resonant frequency is greater than 20 kHz for cells of all ranges
Bestech Australia distributes the complete range of Burster sensors and transducers in addition to the matching electronics.