Bestech Australia presents the RSE 1500 Series rotary position sensors from Macrosensors. These contactless fractional-turn absolute output rotary position sensors provide an analogue voltage output proportional to shaft rotation over a total range of up to 120°.
Rotary position sensors are highly suitable for measuring the position of quarter-turn ball and butterfly valves, flue dampers, weir gates, conveyor check weigher systems, dancer arm tensioners and many other applications involving fractional-turn shaft movements.
The rotary position sensors are also useful for other limited rotation applications requiring high reliability such as pedal position sensing for mobile equipment (e.g., lift trucks) or throttle lever position sensing in boats, cranes and articulating-arm utility service vehicles.
Key features of rotary position sensors:
- Built-in electronics to offer DC input/output configuration
- Available for ranges of 0° to 30°, 60°, 90° and 120° with a true-zero 0-10V DC unipolar output
- Normal electrical I/O termination is a 5-pin M-12 connector receptacle
- Full 360° rotation device with a marked measuring range; analogue output increases when the shaft is rotated clockwise in this range
- Absolute output characteristic means that the position information will not be lost in the event of a power failure
Contactless inductive technology enables these rotary position sensors to offer high accuracy and repeatability with exceptional reliability.
The units exhibit non-linearity of <±0.1% of the full scale output while operating in the compensated temperature range of -20°C to 85°C. The unit also has a high tolerance for vibration and shock.
The rotary position sensor is enclosed in a 1.5-inch diameter anodised aluminium shell and has a 0.25-inch stainless steel shaft running on high performance ball bearings.
The aluminium mounting flange has a 0.75-inch diameter centre pilot for locating centrally in a fixture. These units are environmentally sealed to IP66 standards.
These rotary position sensors are available in Australia and New Zealand from Bestech Australia Pty Ltd.