A single channel conditioner, the LVC 2500 operates on 10-30 volts DC power to support standard LVDT, RVDT and VRT half-bridge sensors.
MacroSensors LVC 2500 LVDT signal conditioners are designed for use in 24-volt systems with PLCs, or in 12-volt mobile and vehicular testing systems. A choice of three analogue outputs including ±10 V DC, 0 - 10 V DC or 4 - 20 mA (sourcing) current loop is provided in a 3-wire common ground system in which the power ground is connected to the output signal ground.
Parameters such as differential dimension, thickness, average height, etc., can be measured by connecting two signal conditioners together along with a pair of LVDT gauging probes.
For multiple channel applications, several of these modules can be connected together in master/slave mode to synchronise their excitation oscillator frequency, thereby eliminating effects of heterodyning and spurious beat frequency signals, cross talk and intermodulation effects.
Key features of LVC 2500 LVDT signal conditioners:
- Packaged in a DIN-rail mounting thermoplastic case with recessed screw-clamp terminals for all connections
- Internal circuitry produces a low distortion sine wave to excite the LVDT
- Synchronous demodulator converts AC output signal to more useful DC outputs proportional to core position
- User can choose 3, 5 or 10 kHz nominal excitation frequencies at a level of 3 volts rms by shifting a movable internal jumper
- Output non-linearity is less than ±0.01% of full scale output
- Enables value measurements of A+B, A-B, and (A+B)/2
MacroSensors LVC 2500 LVDT signal conditioners are available in Australia and New Zealand from Bestech Australia.