Bestech Australia presents a low cost and low noise range of analogue accelerometers from Silicon Designs.
Model 1221 miniature accelerometers are a range of single axis accelerometers designed for surface mounting.
Relatively insensitive to temperature changes and gradients, these accelerometers find use in zero to medium frequency instrumentation applications that require extremely low noise.
The accelerometer’s low cost and miniature size make it ideal for a variety of applications including seismic monitoring, machine control, robotics, appliances as well as automotive and vibration analysis.
Each miniature, hermetically sealed package combines a micro-machined capacitive sense element and a custom integrated circuit that includes a sense amplifier and differential output stage.
Key features of Model 1221 miniature accelerometers:
- Produces two analogue output voltages that vary with acceleration
- Outputs can be used in differential or single ended mode referenced to +2.5 volts
- Input ranges vary from ±2g to ±400g with non-linearity typically below 0.7% of the span
- Compact design measuring only 0.35 x 0.35 x 0.10 inches and weighing only 0.62 grams
- Capacitive micro-machined, nitrogen damped and hermetically sealed
- Also includes an internal temperature sensor
- Operating temperature range of -55ºC to +125ºC
- Responds to both DC and AC acceleration
- RoHS compliant