Bestech Australia presents scanCONTROL 2700/2710 laser line profile sensors from Micro-Epsilon, Germany.
Designed to acquire profiles of various target surfaces, scanCONTROL laser line profile sensors consist of a compact sensor with integrated electronics and are ideal for industrial applications, especially in automation systems due to their relatively small size.
The laser line scanners are typically used for the measurement of profiles, angles, gaps and clearance, using the triangulation principle for the procurement of two-dimensional profiles.
In contrast to the common laser point sensors, a line optical system projects a laser line on to the surface of the target object. The light reflected from the laser line is measured on a CMOS array by a high quality optical system, following which the controller outputs both the distance information (z-axis) and also the true position along the laser line (x-axis).
Both values are output in the sensor’s two-dimensional coordinate system. A three dimensional representation of the object can be generated by moving either the object or the profile sensor.
Key features of scanCONTROL 2700/2710 laser line profile sensors:
- Integrated FireWire interface allows full control of the system from a PC, also giving high data rates while preserving the bandwidth
- Delivers high scanning rate and measurement accuracy
- Profile frequency of 100Hz
- Linearity is approximately ±0.2% full scale output
- High accuracy can be achieved for fast moving profiles using a high speed shutter