Bestech Australia presents the Fiber Sensing range of high performance FBG fibre optic temperature sensors.
Suitable for a large range of temperature sensing applications, the temperature sensors are fibre optic versions of conventional electrical and vibrating wire temperature sensors but completely passive, offering inherent insensitivity to environmentally induced drift.
Fibre Bragg Grating (FBG) is the base technology of these sensors. Being a fibre optic sensor, a Bragg grating has all the advantages usually attributed to these devices.
The FS6300 temperature sensors are available in four types, optimised for different applications:
- General purpose temperature sensors
- Weldable temperature sensors
- Industrial temperature probes
- Embedded temperature sensors
The industrial probe is stainless steel in construction while the sealing O-ring is made of polyvinyl chloride, allowing the sensor’s use in chemical and food processing industries.
Specially designed for embedding in concrete, the embedded temperature sensor is available with a 3mm stainless steel coil buffer for protection against complete, continuous submersion in water (IP68 protection).
Key features of FBG fibre optic temperature sensors:
- High accuracy and resolution
- Total fibre optic design ensures intrinsic immunity to electric sparks and EMI/RFI
- Compatible with most common FBG measurement units
- Offers compact size, high resistance to corrosion/ harsh environments, and long-term reliability
- Also suitable for remote sensing
- Allows multiple sensors to be connected in a single optical fibre