The Endevco accelerometer calibrating system is suitable for self generating piezoelectric accelerometers as well as accelerometers requiring external voltage or current excitation.
Output signals can be charge or voltage, single ended or differential, AC or DC coupled, and isolated or grounded. Four excitation sources can be controlled including a pneumatically driven exciter for vibration shock measurements, and a high or low frequency shaker for vibration measurements.
The Microsoft Access database used to store and manage various test configurations and test data, enables tests to be automatically set up by recalling a particular test definition file specific to each transducer model. No operator adjustments are then required for adjusting the particular gain, grounding, vibration levels or other parameters specific to the test to be run.
Computer control assists in eliminating operator error, enhances repeatability, and ensures optimum signal-to-noise ratio and calibration accuracy.
Components of the Endevco CAACS:
- PC controller
- Interface panel with precision oscillator
- Precision reference and test amplifiers
- Shaker protection panel
- Pneumatically operated projectile (POP) optional
- 2911 high frequency shaker optional
- Colour printer and computer desk
- Vibration frequency range: 0.5 Hz to 40 kHz
- Shock calibration for 20 g to 10,000 g
- Calibration of PE, IEPE, PR, VC, servo accelerometers and velocity transducers
- User customised calibration certificates
- Electrical self calibration
- Compliance with ANSI/NCSL Z540-1-1994 and ISO9000
- All calibrations performed traceable to NIST
- Calibration in accordance with ISO/IEC 17025-2005