Marking a new era in digital force measurement, the digital force gauges feature a high resolution full colour dot matrix LCD display that allows the user to view all standard functions including live and peak hold measurements, high and low limits, set points, PASS/FAIL status, statistical results, and load cell actuation and direction.
The measured force or any of the selected derivative results can be displayed in various languages including English, Spanish, French, German and Chinese. The results can be read even if the display unit is inverted.
The DFE II digital force gauge can also be set up so that the measured results are stored in memory and/or transmitted via one of its digital interfaces while being concealed from the operator.
Primarily a handheld force tester, the Chatillon DFE II Series digital force gauge becomes part of a test frame when fitted with the Chatillon universal mounting back-plate.
An important feature for Quality Control and Metrology lab consideration is that the DFE II utilises flash memory to record all parameters influencing calibration and performance of the force gauge. Self-diagnosis functions are included for this purpose.
Key features of Chatillon DFE II Series digital force gauges:
- Full scale ranges from 10N to 2.5kN in seven steps (10N, 50N, 100N, 250N, 500N, 1000N and 2500N)
- Integral load cell provides accuracy of better than 0.25% FS
- Integral mechanical overload stops provide 150% of full scale rating protection for the load cell
- Load-bar graphical display changes from green to red when the load cell is overloaded
- Output signals include ±2V analogue
- Digital outputs via USB and RS232 with selectable Baud rate are standard
- Protocols include Mitutoyo, Chatillon and Alternative
- Number of overloads can be read
- Zero offset verification is standard
- Step-by-step calibration procedure facilitates comparison of the force gauge with traceable calibrated references
- Battery condition and estimated battery life can be viewed at any time