Bestech Australia presents the scanCONTROL 2800 laser line scanners from Micro Epsilon designed to employ high speed laser-line triangulation for fast profile and contour measurement.
The scanCONTROL 2800 laser line scanners make use of the triangulation principle for the two-dimensional acquisition of profiles on various target surfaces.
Unlike conventional point laser sensors, a line optical system in the scanCONTROL 2800 projects a laser line onto the surface of the measurement object. The diffusely reflected light from the laser line is replicated on a CMOS matrix by a high quality optical system and evaluated in two dimensions using the light intersection method.
The distance information (Z axis) and the exact position of each point on the laser line (X axis) is acquired and output by the system. 3D representation is also possible with moving objects or a traversing sensor.
scanCONTROL 2800 laser line scanners consist of a compact sensor and an intelligent controller. The controller outputs measurements from both axes as well as linked values. The user can also select from numerous evaluation functions.
With fast moving profiles high accuracy is achieved for the complete 2D/3D profile using a high speed shutter. While the matrix is being read out, the next image is recorded. Consequently, higher light intensities are realised with high profile frequencies.
scanCONTROL 2800 laser line scanners are employed for profile and contour measurement in running production processes for continuously produced products such as extrusion, rolling or drawing as well as for single parts.
- Profile acquisition on tyres, turned parts and railway rails
- Robot guidance (welded seams, jointing processes)
- Co-planarity measurement on electronic components
- Flatness measurement on sheet strips (dents, cutting or stamping burr)
- Door gap alignment in automotive manufacture
- Measurement of the width and depth of grooves
- High scanning rates with high measurement accuracy
- Geometry of the measuring field can be varied and adapted to the measurement application
- With fast moving profiles high accuracy is achieved for the complete 2D/ 3D profile using a high speed shutter
- Partial surface adaptation carried out optionally via an innovative PSC intensity control to facilitate more precise measurement with difficult surfaces