Bestech Australia has introduced an optical confocal displacement measuring system with a resolution of up to five nanometers.
The optical confocal displacement measuring system measures with good precision to both diffuse and specular surfaces.
One sided thickness measurement together with distance measurement is possible with transparent or translucent materials with accuracy in nanometers.
The optical confocal displacement measuring system can measure liquid level and is used to measure fill level in medical trays.
The optical confocal displacement measuring system is a product of Micro-Epsilon, Germany and is based on a confocal measuring principle operating with polychromatic white light.
The optical confocal displacement measuring system, optoNCDT 2400 consists of a controller and a sensor. The sensor measurement ranges extend from 120 µm to 24 mm. Since the emitter and receiver are arranged in one axis, shadowing is avoided.
In contrast to conventional triangulation sensors the optoNCDT 2400 system is able to measure in narrow apertures like mounting holes.
Some of the important features of optoNCDT 2400 system are:
- Measurement ranges from 120 µm to 24 mm
- Diameter of light spot from 7 µm
- Linearity from 0.08 µm
- Resolution from 3 nm
- Measuring rate up to 1000 Hz
- No laser safety class
Advantages of optoNCDT 2400 system:
- High resolution (nanometers)
- Target independent measurement
- Tiny, constant measuring spot
- No shadowing by directly reflected beam
- One-sided thickness measurement (glass)
- Distances to glossy and transparent surfaces
- Thickness of transparent films, plates or layers with only one sensor
- The three-dimensional surface topography of various materials
- Measurement of surface contours
- Measurement down into hole (hole depth)