AR500 palm-sized laser position sensors are compact in design and suitable for machine integration projects and any industrial or research measurement applications with space constraints.
A beam of laser light is projected on the surface of a target and the reflected light from the surface is viewed from an angle by a CMOS detector array inside the sensor where the distance to the target is calculated from the image pixel data using the integrated microprocessor. The distance measurement is transmitted through serial communications, analogue outputs or Ethernet.
Key features of AR500 laser displacement sensors:
- Compact sensors offer fast speeds up to 9,400Hz
- Shares the same case size for models ranging from 5mm to 1000mm
- Ideal for builders of compact machines and systems
- Allows configurable laser diodes including blue laser diodes
- Ultra-narrow beam path of longer-range models permit measurement through narrow openings and tubes
- Versatile sensors available with red, blue or IR laser diodes
- Can be ordered with an air jacket for performance in hot environments up to 120ºC
- Includes trigger inputs for synchronization and alarm outputs
- Choice of RS232, RS485, 4-20mA, 0-10V and Ethernet interfaces