Bestech Australia has introduced non-contact displacement sensors from Micro-epsilon, Germany that use eddy current technology to measure distance, displacement or position of electrically-conductive targets.
These objects may have ferromagnetic or non-ferromagnetic properties. Due to the high insensitivity to oil, dirt, dust, moisture, and interference fields the eddy current principle is suitable for applications in harsh industrial environments.
Eddy current displacement sensors are designed for industrial use in factory automation for machine monitoring, for inspection and for measuring and testing.
Characteristics of eddy current sensors:
- High precision and resolution
- Non-contact and wear free
- Insensitive to dirt
- Suitable for fast applications
- Good price/performance ratio
The Eddy current sensor finds application in:
- Measurement of the radial deviation on superconducting magnets
- Thickness measurement of yarn
- Oil film thickness measurement in an internal combustion engine
- Measurement of sprayed skin thickness
- Thickness measurement of rubber film
The Eddy current sensors are available in Australia and New Zealand from Bestech Australia.