Bestech Australia have introduced a range of strain gauges from BCM. These strain gauges are designed and manufactured for both transducer applications and for stress analysis. Bestech Australia offer metal foil and semiconductor strain gauges.
The metal foil strain gauges are separated into three categories:
- Class-A: These strain gauges are designed and manufactured with temperature and creep compensation for precision (accuracy better than 0.02% FS) transducer applications.
- Class-B: These are temperature compensated gauges suitable for transducer applications (accuracy better than 0.05% FS) and for high-accuracy stress analysis.
- Class-C: Manufactured for stress analysis to be performed in difficult measurement conditions, such as high temperatures, underwater or large elongation.
The semiconductor strain gauges are designed to do the following:
- Probe weak or small signals.
- Compensate for non-linearity encountered in manufacturing of transducers.
The semiconductor strain gauges are available as naked silicon bars without backing, or with a phenolic-resin backing.