Bestech Australia has partnered with French manufacturer Bean Air to distribute wireless data acquisition platforms for its sensors as a convenient form of data transmission.
Bean Air is a leader in wireless sensor technology, designing very low power wireless sensor networks and introducing the concept of ‘self-power’ that can be applied on most industrial sensors available on the market.
The wireless standards used are IEEE 802.15.4/Zigbee, which is inherently low power, and helps ensure interoperability of the wireless networks with current IT systems.
Especially suitable for remote areas with accessibility issues, the wireless sensors can be used autonomously without any requirement for PCs by being equipped with GSM/GPRS capability as well as IEEE 802.15.4/Zigbee, allowing sensors and sensor networks to run and report data thousands of kilometres away from any information system.
Bean Air has integrated measurement sensors with some of its wireless technology for easy turnkey solutions to specific measurement applications. This includes inertial MEMS technology that is designed to offer high performance and autonomy.
Bean Air also offers various wireless data acquisition systems, which are ready to be connected to existing sensors, utilising their voltage/current/strain gauge (mV) outputs.
Key benefits of Bean Air’s wireless sensor technology:
- Eliminates the use of annoying cables and cabling costs
- Increases transmission distances with better signal integrity
- Autonomous devices that function on Lithium-thionyl chloride primary battery or Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery
- Quick and simply installation with plug-and-play system
- Automates production processes
- Enables equipment availability/ tracking
- Optimises maintenance
- Improves equipment’s energy efficiency
- Facilitates access to remote sites, otherwise inaccessible to wired solutions