Changes to the Australian Standard AS1418:2008 Section 5 now specify that earthmoving equipment including backhoes, front-end loaders, excavators, tool carriers and similar units employed to lift and handle freely suspended loads (i.e. with a hook and/or sling) must be fitted with check and metering valves.
Check and metering valves are a vital safety feature for all earthmoving equipment used to lift and handle freely suspended loads.
When chosen and calibrated to match the operating conditions of the excavator’s hydraulic system, the oil control check and metering valves from Berendsen Fluid Power comply with AS1418:2008 Section 5 and ISO8643.
These check and metering valves can lock and meter down the oil flow in the event of hose failure.
The main functions of the check and metering valves are:
- Boom lifting
- Boom holding
- Boom lowering
Features of the check and metering valves from Berendsen Fluid Power include:
- Leak-free cylinder locking with boom lifted up
- Metering and possibility to stop the outlet flow from the cylinder in the case of hose failure
- Anti-shock and relief protection against overloads
- Fine control of the oil flow for maximum sensitivity
- Good tolerance to oil contamination
- Working pressure up to 450 bar with anti-shock/ relief setting up to 600 bar
- Emergency load lowering with inoperative joysticks
Berendsen Fluid Power is proud to be a distributor of oil control check and metering valves.
The company can supply the valves based on the specifications provided by the client; however testing must be undertaken by an authorised provider or OEM to ensure compliance with AS1418:2008 Section 5 and ISO8643.
Berendsen Fluid Power is a major hydraulic company in Australia and operates 12 branches countrywide. Berendsen’s extensive branch network offers a range of onsite and in-house service and repair capabilities