OpenRail series of managed and unmanaged switches allows users to choose from Compact and Modular options as well as specify port density, backbone type (copper/fibre), connector type (RJ45, M12, SC, ST, LC, MTRJ), speed, temperature ratings, conformal coating and various industry approvals.
Both compact and modular platforms offer redundant power inputs and fault relay (triggered by loss of power and/or port link), while only the managed versions offer media/ring redundancy, multicast filtering/IGMP Snooping, VLAN, port mirroring, network diagnostics and port control.
Available in managed and unmanaged versions, OpenRail’s Compact switches are based on a compact platform that allows for up to 24 ports in a mere 4.25” of DIN rail.
- RS20 Series Managed/Unmanaged: 4x, 8x, 9x, 16x, 17x, 24x and 25x 10/100 Mbps ports
- RS30 Series: 2x Gigabit Uplinks and 8x, 16x, and 24x 10/100 Mbps ports, all available as managed or unmanaged switches
- RS40 Series: 9x Gigabit ports, available as a managed switch only
Based on a modular and flexible backplane-based platform that provides an almost limitless variety of port variations, modular switches allow users to change the switch’s port density and configuration on the fly using hot-plug media modules. Modular switches are only available as managed switches.
- MS20 Series
- MS20-08: 8x 10/100 Mbps ports (max)
- MS20-16: 16x 10/100 Mbps ports, with backplane extension (MB-2T), a port density of 24x 10/100 Mbps can be obtained
- MS30 Series
- MS30-08: 2x Gigabit and 8x 10/100 Mbps ports
- MS30-16: 2x Gigabit and 16x 10/100 Mbps ports, with backplane extension (MB-2T), a port density of 26x 10/100 Mbps (max) can be obtained
- MS40 Series (PowerMICE): 4x Gigabit and 16x 10/100 Mbps ports, with backplane extension (MB-2T) a port density of 28x 10/100 Mbps can be obtained