Featuring Power over Ethernet, professional firmware standard on all models and Gigabit connectivity where higher bandwidth connection is required, Hirschmann’s OCTOPUS Series IP 67 industrial on-machine switches can be deployed in all situations where new end devices such as IP cameras or IP telephones require electrical power without additional installation work.
All products in the OCTOPUS family can be mounted on the wall or directly on the machine. The IP67 switches offer 8/16/24 Twisted Pair ports (each with up to 8 PoE ports), using ODVA standardised 4 pin M12 D-code technology.
Key features of OCTOPUS OS20 and OS30 switches:
- Utilise IP67 fibre connections per the IEC 61076-3-106 standard
- Variant 1 is approved by ODVA for use with EtherNet/IP and Variant 4 is approved for use with PROFINET
- Totally enclosed IP67 design
- ODVA-standardised 4-pin M12 D-code IP67 Ethernet connector
- Management via SNMP v1, v2, v3, web GUI or TELNET
- Redundancy via HIPER-Ring and Rapid Spanning Tree
- Redundant power supply for high availability
- Operating temperature range of -40ºC to +70ºC
- External signalling of alarms via signal contact or network messaging