Belden Australia presents the new railway connectors from the Lumberg Automation product range specially designed for use in trains.
The new Lumberg Automation shielded railway connectors are designed for maximum security as they comply with all international railway standards and stringent fire protection requirements including Hazard Level 2.
Possible applications of the shielded railway connectors include the networking of control modules for doors and air conditioning in trains. The M12 connectors can also be used in combination with IP cameras or infotainment systems.
According to Product Manager Joachim Kiera, Belden has introduced a further component for high-availability networks in trains by adding the new railway connectors to its Lumberg Automation product range.
He explains that their robust design, high reliability and long service life allow the new connectors to be ideally combined with OCTOPUS industrial Ethernet switches from Hirschmann and Belden railway cables. The different versions available in the new Belden range enable their use in a wide range of cost-effective solutions.
Key features of Lumberg Automation shielded railway connectors:
- Vibration-proof M12 connection technology
- Industry protection class IP67
- Wide temperature range of -40ºC to +90ºC allows use in harsh environmental conditions
- Simple installation
- Offered as moulded ProfiNet or field-attachable versions
- Individual lengths of cable optionally available for field-attachable connectors
- Complies with EN 50155, IEC 61373 and DIN CLC/TS 50467 railway standards
- Threaded joints and spring-type terminals in field-attachable versions enable simple assembly
- Moulded versions are available with single- or double-ended ProfiNet cordsets
- Moulded connectors have PA plastic housings while field-attachable versions have nickel-plated die-cast zinc housings