Belden Australia announces the availability of the new Hirschmann multiple-port firewalls.
Representing a key advance in Ethernet security hardware, the new Hirschmann EAGLE20-0400 and EAGLE30-0402 firewalls deliver significant cost savings while achieving greater link speeds.
The new Hirschmann firewalls feature a convection-cooled DIN rail housing that supports six LAN ports including two Gigabit ports with a wide range of WAN connectivity. This extended number of ports enables users to deploy a single device instead of having to use multiple EAGLE20s.
According to Mark Cooksley, Product Manager for Security and Network Management, industrial network administrators know that providing robust network security is a critical step towards maximum network availability.
He explains that the two new Hirschmann EAGLE multiple port firewalls offer superior flexibility of deployment as well as advanced security functionality to help achieve maximum availability, allowing operators to benefit from a protection regime that fits precisely to their individual requirements.
Key features of the new Hirschmann EAGLE firewalls:
- Offers multiple ports, Gigabit ports and WAN connections
- Greater temperature range and wider voltage ranges allow more flexible deployment possibilities
- EAGLE20-0400 firewall supports 4 100Mb/s ports
- EAGLE30-0402 firewall supports 4 100Mb/s ports and 2 1Gb/s SFP ports
- Initial hardware release to support Ethernet ports only
- Future hardware release will support WAN connections including ADSL, SHDSL, VDSL, E1/T1 and UMTS
- LAN and WAN boards designed in-house to support industrial specifications