Belden Australia introduces the new Hirschmann MACH104-16TX-PoEP Ethernet switches with Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE Plus) capability in accordance with IEEE 802.3at standards.
The high power PoE Plus ports enable increased power and speed over Ethernet networks for IP cameras, VoIP phones and video conferencing applications.
With the advent of new technologies and a new breed of Ethernet enabled devices, such as IP cameras, VoIP phones and video conferencing in the market, there is a need for increased power and speed over Ethernet networks.
The new Ethernet switches can power 16 ports at 15.4 W or 8 ports at 30 W each, enabling users of industrial Ethernet to take advantage of PoE devices.
Extensive security mechanisms include multi-client authentication via RADIUS server, access control via IEEE 802.1x or MAB (MAC Authentication Bypass), IP and MAC port security plus SNMP V3 and SSH.
True SNMP functionality allows use of centralised management software such as Industrial HiVision for commissioning, remote management, diagnostics and troubleshooting.
Key features of MACH104-16TX-PoEP series Ethernet workgroup switches:
- Managed all-Gigabit switches with 16 Gigabit PoE/PoE+ ports and 4 additional Gigabit RJ45/SFP combo ports
- Version with two additional 10 Gigabit XFP ports is also available to facilitate high bandwidth backbone requirements
- Power options include a choice of single/dual 110/220 V AC inputs or external 48 V DC external inputs for fanless operation (0ºC to +50ºC)
- Each chassis measuring 448 x 44 x 345mm can be mounted in a 19-inch cabinet
- Management functionality facilitates media redundancy systems such as HIPER ring, MRP (IEC ring function) and rapid spanning tree to ensure high network availability
- Integrated V.24 and USB interface in each switch
- V.24 interface is an RJ11 socket for optional (local) serial configuration, while the USB socket can be coupled with an ACA 21 adaptor