Belden Australia announces the availability of a new line of IP67 managed switches in its Hirschmann product range with the introduction of a 9-port version of its OCTOPUS OS20 series.
The Hirschmann basic software, which is installed on this layer-2 switch supports various management and security functions as well as fast redundancy methods such as HIPER-Ring, MRP and RSTP.
The new 9-port OCTOPUS OS20 series switches feature a compact housing and are designed for wall mounting and quick plug-and-play operation.
The OCTOPUS also meets EMC and fire protection requirements for use in rail vehicles. As the switch can be cascaded in any way, decentralised structured automation networks with short transmission paths can be implemented with the respective terminal devices.
The switch is monitored and configured via SNMP, a standard web browser or the Hirschmann's industrial HiVision high performance network management software.
With the new OCTOPUS OS20 series 9-port switches, Belden has added another variant to the Hirschmann IP67 switch family, which now includes more than 20 different devices.
According to product manager, Rolf Dieter-Sommer, the switches offer an attractive price-performance ratio. With its basic software optimised for applications at field level, the OCTOPUS stands out clearly from the unmanaged switches of this product family, and price-wise stays well below the fully managed devices.
Key features of 9-port OCTOPUS OS20 series switches:
- New Fast Ethernet ports (10/100 BASE-TX) have vibration-resistant M12 connections in D-coding
- Robust metal housing in a compact size measuring 184mm x 189mm x 70mm
- Extended temperature range from -40ºC to +70ºC
- Redundancy method and redundant voltage supply guarantee high network availability
- Wall-mount switches with quick plug-and-play operation
- Configuration via Command Line Interface (CLI), DHCP relay agent option 82, HiDiscovery or the ACA11-M12 EEC auto-configuration adapter
- RMON, port mirroring and LLDP (Topology Discovery 802.1ab) provided for diagnostics
- Floating signal contact signals independently of the data network alarms, which can be defined individually
- LEDs on the front display device and network status, and data transfer and power supply
- Detailed information can be retrieved via a serial V.24 interface or the Ethernet ports