Belden Metal Clad industrial cable is marked sunlight-resistant for cable tray use in direct burial designations, and cable constructions are listed to NEC Type MC.
Teck- Style industrial cables are price-competitive, high-performance, UL and CSA dual-rated cables with a flame-retardant XHHW insulated conductor and an inner PVC jacket for mechanical moisture and corrosion protection.
These industrial cables are constructed using:
- Class B stranded bare copper conductors
- cross-linked polyethylene insulation
- bare copper ground wire
- standard aluminum or optional galvanised steel interlocking armor
- PVC outer jacket
- thermoset insulation (XHHW-2 conductors); and
- an NEC conductor temperature of 90°C dry and 90°C wet.
Metal Clad and Teck-Style industrial cable may be used to meet the needs of pulp and paper, chemical, petroleum and other demanding industrial environments under the following conditions:
- exposed or concealed wiring in dry or wet conditions
- in ventilated, non-ventilated or ladder-type cable trays in dry or wet conditions
- on walls or beams
- directly buried
- Class 1 and II Division 2 and Class III Division 1 and 2 hazardous locations.
- high tensile strength
- impact and crush resistance
- excellent elongation
- good low temperature properties
- 90°C dry and 90°C wet
- high insulation resistance
- low dielectric loss
- high dielectric strength
- corrosion resistance
- versatile and flexible
- provides cost savings as conduit and ducts are not required.
- armoring - aluminum interlock, steel interlock, and continuous corrugated aluminum
- armor tapes - corrugated copper, aluminum, and steel
- jackets - PVC, CPE, LDPE, TPE, HDPE, fluorocopolymer, oil res II, low smoke zero halogen (LSZH), Haloarrest, and polyurethane
- shielding - overall Beldfoil, Duofoil, TC braid, TC double braid, individual beldfoil copper tape shields, and “french braid”
- insulations - Datalene, XLPE, FEP, polypropylene, foam FEP, HDPE, PVC, TPE, and PVC-nylon
- conductors - solid BC, stranded BC, solid bare copper-covered steel, and stranded TC.